- 2016-x Dean of the Faculty of Sustainability
- 2016-x Full Professor at Leuphana University
- 2010-x: Junior-Professor at the Leuphana University Lüneburg
- 2009: Defense of the PhD („summa cum laude“)
- 2009: Paternal leave
- 2004: beginning of the PhD work: Vegetation mapping of the southern Mongolian Gobi – and beyond , financed by the FWF and the DAAD
- 2003-2004: Habitat use of Przewalski horses (FWF project P14992)
- 2003 diploma thesis: Vegetation mapping of the Gobi- Gurvan- Saykhan National Park using remote sensing and GIS as a basis for nature conservation and resource management
- 1996-2002: University studies in Marburg, Germany (subjects geography, botany, geology and soil sciences).
- born 1976 in Duisburg, Germany
FOREIGN COUNTRY EXPERTISE
Long-term: Mongolia, Argentina, Nepal, USA
Short-term: Spain, France, Ethopia, India, England, Portugal, Morocco, Tunisia, Egypt, Chile, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Sweden, Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Portugal, Malta, Poland, Czech Republic.
Two children (Linus Conrad von Wehrden *2009 & Alwin Vincent von Wehrden *2011) together with Heike Zimmermann.
- I like reading blogs on sustainable living & watching associated videos
- I am a fanatic of complex ecosystem services that are drinkable, especially Coffee, Green Tea and soda pops from micro-breweries.
- I love biographies and autobiographies, and regret that I can not spend more time to get guidance by reading from or about my idols.
- Tai Chi // Guitar // Yoga // Meditation //Gardening //Woodwork
- I think making food allows us to communicate our emotions – hence I love preparing food.
- www.gapminder.org ; www.ted.com ; http://www.youtube.com/user/kirstendirksen ; www.radiolab.org